There is no better way to a healthy body than getting a large portion of your daily nutrition from fruits and vegetables. To make it even easier, juicing is a great way to get all the nutrients your body needs without having to eat lots of food.
Juice is a great way to keep your kids healthy too. I know my kids didn’t care much for vegetables but when I added it along with fruit to some yummy juice recipes, they loved it. And it did seem to make a difference in their health. They didn’t come down with colds and viruses as much as their friends did. And all three grew into tall, healthy, strong adults.
Although I know my way around a juicer and have drank fresh squeezed juice for years, I don’t claim to be a juicing expert. I will share my knowledge of juicing, and help you find the best juicing machine in India for your needs.
Types of Juicers
There are three types of juicers.
A centrifugal juicer is relatively cheap and easy to find. It grates fruits and veggies and leaves strings of unbroken cells.The juice from the cells that have been broken is then spun out at very high speed. The downside to this type of juicer is the juice is flung out and mixes with the air. That causes it turn brown quickly because air is causing it to oxidize.
The other bad thing about this type of juicer is that it does not get all the juice out. The pulp from the plant is still moist. The pulp should be very dry because all the liquid has been transformed into juice. This type of juicer wastes juice and is lower in nutrients.
Masticating juicers are a much better choice although they are more expensive. I consider it as an investment in your health. Masticating juicers are more efficient at getting all the juice and all the nutrients possible. In fact the better quality ones will extract about 5 times more juice than their centrifugal counterparts. They break up the plant material more thoroughly and then press out the juice from the resulting pulp inside a nose cone with a narrow opening.
Masticating juicers can be used for more than juicing. Many of them can make other foods too like ice cream, smoothies, nut butters, purees, pasta and even baby food. With all the advantages of masticating juicers, they are a much better buy and should last for years, which make them well worth the price.
Triturating juicers are more commonly known by the name “Twin Gear Juicers”. They press fruit in order to extract juices, which tends to offer the best extraction ratio. Triturating twin gear juicers are mainly for those who really want a top of the line versatile juicer. These juicers are slow – but thorough – and produce no heat and prevent oxidation in fresh juices. If you’re looking for the highest quality juices and have the money and time to dedicate to it, these are the juicers for you.
Best Juicers in India 2017
There are plenty of juicers on the market, and many of them do a good job. However, we wanted to look at juicers that do more than just squeeze fruit – because what they can’t handle is the vegetable drinks that are both popular and very good for you. Here are some top juicers in India
Hurom HH Elite Slow Juicer – 43 RPM, 150 Watt
This is one of the latest juicer from the house of Hurom. It is a perfect example of the most advanced technology being used in the two – winged auger. Hurom HH Elite Slow Juicer is a masticating juicer with a 150-watt motor that rotates at 43 RPM. Since it is slow juicer, you get the optimum amount of nutrients into the fruits and vegetables that you’ve juiced.
With its twin-winged auger, the pulp coming out is very dry, so you will have more to drink. The auto pulp ejection feature is supposed to release pulp when it cannot extract any more juice from it. This combined with the slow squeezing technology makes the Hurom HH Elite one of the most efficient juicers on the market. You can juice anything ranging from from hard and soft fruits and vegetables. Each of the functions can be set by using a lever. So to extract the juices, simply set the lever at “Juice” for complete extraction of juice. The design is streamlined and made compact for handy use as also the easy assembling is made possible with simple features.
- Huron HH Elite is one of the quietest juicers on the market. They are only a little louder than a running refrigerator.
- Hurom juicers are self-feeding. You will only have to use a tamper to juice greens more effectively.
- Hurom offers a ten year warranty on the motor of their products. Parts are only covered for two years.
- Very easy to clean. Just run a few cups of water through, and you are ready to make a new flavor of juice.
- Juice that exceeds 35% can be extracted by this slow masticating juicer resulting in low quantity of pulp and which is drier as its juice has been extracted.
- It has a self-cooling system. This keeps your juice cooler and allows them to be used for about thirty minutes at a time.
- Hurom HH Elite automatically expel pulp, only after it is squeezed by the auger, then again against the outer wall.
- The Hurom HH Elite have an RPM of only 43. This makes them use little power. The low RPM is also said to damage important nutrients less.
The only downside with Hurom HH Elite Slow Juicer is the cost which may not be affordable for many.
Breville JE98XL juices fast and strong. It can extract the juice of a pineapple with the rind on!. This juicer has a powerful 850-watt motor with two speeds: High (12,000 rpm) for hard fruits and vegetables, and Low (6,500 rpm) for leafy greens and soft fruits. The body of the juicer is heavy-grade polymer. The extra wide 3.5” feed chute allows you to juice most fruits and vegetables whole. The removable parts are dishwasher safe, and there’s a one-year warranty against factory defects. Unlike most other centrifugal juicer, the Breville Juice Fountain Plus generates only 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of heat to keep naturally-occurring enzymes and antioxidants intact. This juicer work best on all type soft fruits, fibrous veggies like beet, carrot and celery. All contact parts are BPA-free.
- Has a two speed setting – low (6,500rpm) for soft fruit and veggies and high (12,000rpm) for harder stuff
- Powerful 850 watt motor
- Large feed tube– The feed tube is generously sized at 3 inches to let you skip the tedious task of chopping and slicing your produce.
- The safety locking arm and the overload protection LED work together to guarantee your safety.
- Easy clean up. You’ll want to use your unit frequently to reap all the benefits of juicing so easy clean-up is a must.
- Micro mesh filter separates pulp into a removable container—no paper filters needed.
Wonderchef Hurom Slow Juicer adopts an entirely different approach to juicing. The dual-stage juicing process involves extracting juice initially in the crushing stage, which is repeated during the pressing stage, after which the juice is released. This results in maximum juice extraction, with the remaining pulp being extremely dry. Even amongst these masticating juicers, the Hurom is in a class of its own. Why? The Hurom juicer uses a patented Low Speed Technology System (LSTS) to extract juices. This juicer is also easy to clean, you just need to rinse with water between juicing. Wonderchef Hurom Slow Juicer is also clog free; it automatically separates pulp from juice. Rotating brush cleans the bowl while it juices.
- Retains vitamins and minerals
- Noiseless and durable – induction motor is virtually free of noise
- Versatile juicing – juice all fruits, vegetables, ginger, leafy greens, wheatgrass, nuts and even pomegranate
- Extracts more juice – Hurom extracts 2.5 times more juice than a normal juicer
- Easy to clean – simply rinse with water between juicing or take it apart easily for effortless cleaning
- Includes: Hurom juicer base with easy carry handle, Hopper, Squeezing screw, Strainer, Spinning brush, Jucicing bowl, Juicer container, Pulp container, Pusher, Cleaning brush and Instruction manual
Philips Viva Collection 700 watt juicer has been designed to get the most out of your fruit and vegetables. It extracts juice from fruits to its last drop. You can make up to 2 litres of juice in one go. This is a generous amount, and it definitely comes in handy if you have a family to think about. Philips has used its revolutionary QUICKClean technology in the HR1863. This is perhaps the most noteworthy feature! The manufacturer claims that you can clean this machine in less than one minute which is a huge bonus. Because of the rounded, smooth design that eliminates pulp build up, Philips Viva Collection HR1863 looks pretty sleek. It has aluminium finish. So, if you are dubious about plastic cluttering up your kitchen you will definitely like this juicer. Besides, you don’t get any unsightly stains on aluminium surfaces. Overall, it’s the kind of juicer that will look at home in practically all kitchens.
- Squeeze every drop from your fruits and vegetables
- QuickClean technology for effortless cleaning in just 1 minute
- XL feeding tube so preparation time is reduced prior to juicing
- Make 2ltrs of juice in one go, quickly and easily
- No mess, no fuss, simple pulp collection
- Material: Aluminium
- Jug Material: SAN jug and PS cover
It offers a large feeding tube to process fruits and vegetables without chopping. Its 700 watts powerful motor supports a unique stainless steel micro-mesh filter and a multiple speed control switch to make sure everything in the juicer is squeezed till the last drop. The set includes a 2 litre pulp container, for continuous juicing. Thankfully, all its parts are also tough enough to be easily washed in the dishwasher.
- Multiple speed control for soft and hard fruits
- Cord storage facility
- Extra large tube for bigger fruits and vegetables
- Power: 700 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: Juicer, SS Juicer mesh, Instruction manual, Customer care list and Guarantee card
For more popular juicers in India, check out this below table
Health Benefits of Juicing
If you are not already into this juicing thing, you may be wondering what the fuss is all about. Why bother with juicing?
Well for one thing, you will feel a lot better physically and mentally if you start juicing. Most of us modern day humans subsist on processed meals, fast food and food with very little nutritional value. Juicing is an easy and tasty way to give your body what it desperately needs. It’s a great way to keep your family healthy too. Kids who grow up on natural foods such as fresh juice, will be sick less frequently and be able to think much more clearly.
The body needs proper nutrition for it to function properly and to ward off disease. Adding fresh vegetable and fruit juices to your diet is a great start to a healthy lifestyle. And with modern day juicers, it’s relatively easy to incorporate juice into your life.
Juicing simply takes the absolute best from fruit and veggies and puts it into an easy to digest liquid. It also makes a way for folks who don’t particularly like vegetables and fruit to easily get their quota in everyday. Not to mention those of us who are constantly on the run. It’s a quick alternative to trying to find time to sit down and eat a full meal. Juicing is quick and easy to do.
There are lots of health benefits to daily juicing. For one thing, although it’s not quite as healthy as eating fresh, raw fruits and veggies, it’s definitely better than eating cooked and/or processed fruits and vegetables. And those with gastrointestinal problems are often required to go on a liquid diet. Juices are a great way to get all the nutrients they need. It’s also ideal for the elderly and children too.
Your body absorbs nutrients from juice much more efficiently than from solid food because it takes much less effort for it to digest and break down the components in juice. Cooking edible plants removes a lot of the nutrients and enzymes. Juicing keeps them intact. Not much is mentioned about enzymes but they are very important to the functioning of your body.
Juices also keeps your body hydrated. Next to water, it’s the next best thing for drinking. Most of us don’t drink enough water in a day so juices help you get the liquid your body needs. Much better than soft drinks, alcohol or coffee which tend to eliminate water from your body.
Try replacing your regular drinks with fresh juice and just see the difference it makes in your life. Your blood sugar will stay up, your energy level will stay up, and you won’t want to eat as much as you usually do. I know for me, when I started juicing, I naturally lost weight because I no longer had cravings for junk food and ate less.
Juicing is a simple, easy gateway to a healthier lifestyle. Once you get the hang of it, you will want to make more healthy choices. And it’s really easy to get the hang of. It takes little time to prepare and all you need is a good juicer and fresh vegetables and fruit.
- 27 Apr 2017Invest In A Carrot Juicer Today Your Body Will Thank You For It
- 20 Mar 2017Best Air Fryers in India
- 08 Mar 2017Best Induction Cooktops in India
- 03 Mar 2017Best Sandwich Maker in India
- 28 Feb 2017Best Vacuum Cleaners in India